Detroit had, at least, 7 churches in one section to serve the new Hungarian immigrants in the 1890's when they flowed into this metropolis. Now, there is one lone church in the vanished Hungarian section of Detroit called Del Ray on South Street. Holy Cross was one of the newest parishes formed in 1905 for Hungarians that lived in Del Ray. It is now the only remaining Hungarian Catholic church in the entire state of Michigan . They still conduct masses in the Magyar language. They also have the Epiphany mass (Vizkereszt) this Sunday, 6th January 2012.